Introduction and Overview
DevelopMentor is committed to protecting your privacy and to making sure you know about the privacy policies and practices associated with DevelopMentor offerings, both online and offline. This page discloses DevelopMentor’s privacy practices as they apply to all our business endeavors, both in the United States and in Europe.
The Information We Collect and How It is Used
When you create an account on Develop.com, we collect your name and email address. If you choose to provide it, we also collect your mailing address and phone number.
When you register or take a course with DevelopMentor, we collect your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
For courses and other DevelopMentor offerings that have an associated fee, we may collect billing information, including credit card number. In all cases, your credit card information is not stored on DevelopMentor's servers. Rather, this information is security stored with our credit card processing gateways (PayPal for DevelopMentor UK Limited courses) or Authorize.NET (for DevelopMentor US courses).
We collect names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses from individuals who attend trade shows or meetings and who request to be placed on DevelopMentor’s mailing list or to receive more information about DevelopMentor offerings.
We occasionally purchase lists from list providers that include identifying information (such as names, email address and/or postal address). We purchase lists only from providers who offer opted in lists; that is, individuals on the list have indicated that they wish to receive offers from companies like DevelopMentor.
We also collect email addresses of those who communicate with us via email.
Other Information We Collect:
We may also collect the following information:
- Survey responses, such as evaluation surveys or surveys conducted on our website related to the website or course offerings
- Feedback voluntarily provided by users and students, such as completion of the “tell me more” form
- Course registration data, such as employer or past programming experience
- Aggregate information on referring domain names and pages that users access or visit on our website.
How Your Information Is Used:
In addition to using this information to registering you for a course or an account, we use your email address and/or postal address and/or phone numbers to communicate with you on any of the following:
- To provide updates and information on course locations, instructors and materials or other information pertinent to courses for which you have registered;
- To provide updates and information on your DevelopMentor online account and the website offerings;
- To notify you about other DevelopMentor and DevelopMentor partner offerings that might be of interest to you;
- To respond to inquiries or correspondence that you have initiated.
We use credit card and billing information only to cover the purchase of services or products requested by you and supplied by DevelopMentor.
We use survey responses, other feedback and the additional information provided during course registration to improve the content, look and offerings on our website, to improve the courses we offer, and to identify needs for additional offerings. These data are generally used in aggregate and are not associated with your personal identifying information. If we wish to associate your feedback with your identifying information (for example, publishing a quote in our materials or on our website), we will first obtain your permission.
As is the case with any information you provide to any business operating in the United States or the European Union, information provided to DevelopMentor is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
How to Reach Us
- via phone at 310.988.7700
- via postal mail at DevelopMentor, 5777 West Century Blvd., Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90045.